- Area: 1,318.54 sq km
- State: District of Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Distance: Delhi - 258 kms, Nainital - 66 kms, Lucknow - 450 kms
- Altitude: 1143 meters above sea level.
- Rainfall: Average annual rainfall is 1000-2800 mm.
- Summer Temperatures (March to May): 42oC – 30 oC
- Winter Temperatures (December to February): 5oC – 30oC
Best time to be here:
Mid-November to Mid-June. It rains during July - September.
The National Park is open only from November 15th to June 15th. It is closed during the heavy monsoon season.
How to get here:
- By Air – By Air - Phoolbagh airport in Pantnagar is at a distance of 50 kms from the Corbett Park. You can find flights to major cities from here. For an international airport, Delhi at a distance of 300-kms is the nearest.
- By Rail – The nearest Railway Station is Ramnagar - 12 kms from The National Park.
- By Road – One can drive from Delhi (295 km) via Gajraula, Moradabad, Kashipur to reach Ramnagar. Ramnagar is the headquarters of the Corbett Tiger Reserve and is well connected by road with Lucknow, Nainital, Ranikhet, Haridwar, Dehradun and New Delhi.
Do's and don'ts inside the National Park:
- Please enter the National Park after taking the necessary permits.
- Avoid wearing perfumes and do not smoke in restricted areas.
- Comfortable walking shoes are a must
- For winter travel, heavy woolens are a must especially for open jeep safaris. Cottons are apt for summer months.
- Remember to carry a torch and a cap for protection.
- Maintain a safe distance from the animals and ensure that they are undisturbed.
- Please do not put on your car stereo or transistor. The quieter you are, more is the possibility of your watching the wildlife.
- Wear less bright clothes as bright colours will attract the attention of wildlife, posing some danger.
Overview | Place to visit | Things to do