- Area: 29.2 sq km
- Altitude: 3460 feet above sea level
- State: Tamil Nadu
- Distance from nearby towns/cities: Thiruvannamalai (93 km), Tirupati (179 km), Bangalore (180 km), Chennai (240 km)
- Take away: Home-made honey, jackfruit, local agricultural products
- Rain fall.* 900 mm average
- Summer Temperatures: 22°C - 34 °C
- Winter Temperatures: –11°C - 25°C
Best time to be here:
June to February is the most pleasant time to be in Yelagiri. The 3-day Summer Festival in May is a time of festivity and cultural programmes; those looking for peace and quiet would rather avoid being here at this time.
The Yelagiri Paragliding Club hosts an international paragliding festival around September which you might want to attend.
How to get here:
- By Air – Closest airport is Bangalore, 180 km away.
- By Rail – Closest railhead is Jolarpettai, 20 km away.
- By Road – Yelagiri is well connected by road to all major cities. Bangalore is 180 km away and Chennai is 240 km away.
What to carry:
- Torch for night outings, especially jungle safaris
- Games like Frisbee, football etc since there’s not much entertainment available here
- Petrol, diesel for your vehicle; available in loose packs at provision stores, but best avoided
- Mosquito repellent.
- Good walking shoes
Overview | Places to visit | Things to do