- Area: 383 sq km
- Altitude : 4,969 feet
- State: Tamil Nadu
- Distance from nearby towns/ cities: Salem (35 km), Chennai (355 km), Coimbatore (195 km)
- Take away: Natural oils, perfumes, coffee powder and skin care products, handloom fabrics, cloves, pepper
- Summer Temperatures: 16°C - 30 °C
- Winter Temperatures: 13 °C - 25°C
Best time to be here:
The best season to visit Yercaud is from October to June.
The summer festival in May coincides with the annual festival of Lord Servarayan. It has a seven-day exhibition of flower shows, dog shows, boating races and a village fair.
How to get here:
- By Air – The closest airports are Kamalapuram, Omalur (30 km) and Trichy (163 km).
- By Rail – The closest railhead is Salem Junction, 35 km away.
- By Road – Yercaud is well-connected by road to most towns and cities nearby via Salem (35 km). Major cities near Yercaud are Chennai (358 km), Bangalore (222 km) and Coimbatore (190 km).
What to carry:
- Good walking shoes
- Mosquito repellent
Overview | Places to visit | Things to do