- Trekking – Trekking down the Bhusuk River provides you with an opportunity to take in the fresh mountain air, some light exercise and breathtaking views of Gangtok from a height. Trekking trip to Tashi View Point offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and is a great place for photography.
- Night Safari – The forest in Chalsa is famous for a wide variety of flora and fauna, apart from its breathtaking scenery and beautiful tea estates.
- Mountain Biking – This is an ultimate adventure and fun way to explore North Sikkim. From ride comprising of 3/4 days to reach Lachung covering a distance of 115 km and ascending from an altitude of 5500 ft (Gangtok) to 9600 ft (Lachung) this will be an ideal way to discover North Sikkim.
- River Rafting – Teesta and Rangit, the two main rivers of the land prove to be a heavenly abode for river rafting enthusiasts. A rafting expedition in Teesta takes one rafting from Makha down to Sirwani and from Sirwani to Rangpo. Another expedition at Rangit starts from Sikip and leads to Nayabazar via Melli. The state tourism can be contacted for further details about river rafting trips.
- Hang Gliding in Sikkim – Sikkim Tourism has also endeavored to start an enthralling sport of Hang Gliding in North Sikkim and Jorethang in West Sikkim. This has also emerged as one of the much sought after sport by the adventure travellers.
Overview | Places to visit | All About Gangtok