Amid lofty Nilgiri peaks and low passing clouds, the sloping roofs and terracotta tiles of Sterling Holidays Elk Hill Resort emerge and vanish. As you look out on Ooty valley from your room’s balcony or sit-out, time seems to stand still.
Location and Contact
Address: P. O. Box No. 25, Ramakrishna Mutt Road, R. K. Puram, Elk Hill Ooty - 643004
Phone: +91 423 2452634/35, 2441395
Check-in: 12 Noon
Check-out: 10 a.m.
Spread over 4.4 acres.
The Resort offers:
- 25 studio apartments
- 64 one-bedroom apartments
- 27 two-bedroom apartments, each with a sit-out, and a balcony with a grand view of the hills
- Travel Desk – Say goodbye to the hassle of making local travel arrangements. A Travel Desk is available at the resort to help you with arrangements for car, van, or bus hires for local sightseeing, trekking, camping, arrival, departure etc at your destination. Train and air ticket bookings can also be made at the desk.
- Internet Café – Has broadband connection and is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- In-house gift/tuck shop
- In-house library – Has an interesting collection of books
A wide variety of entertainment activities for kids and adults make the Resort a great place to unwind. You’ll find at the Resort -
- Play area filled with equipment like swings, see-saws, ropeways, merry-go-rounds, slides, etc for kids
- Club equipped with games like table tennis, badminton, carrom, chess, snooker etc for indoors, and cricket and cycling outdoors.
- Bonfire evenings through the week with barbeque nights and discotheque parties on weekends to ensure you have enough avenues to relax and to party.
- Daily treks organised to Lovedale and CairnHill
Sterling Resort at Elk Hill is also a great place to host weddings and other parties with a seating capacity of about 200-300 guests.
Sterling Elk Hill Resort makes an ideal venue for conferences, seminars, and workshops. The 2800 sq. ft. conference hall has a seating capacity of up to 400 people (seated theatre style) with lapel mikes (collar mikes), sound system (3-amplifer, 400 Watt output, 6-speaker, 1 DJ Mixer, 3 Audio CD players, 1 MP3 player), projection screen, and WebEx facilities available in-house. An LCD Projector can be arranged on rent.
The Business Centre also has a mini interview office, mini boardroom, photocopying, and fax facilities.
From local delicacies of the Nilgiri tribes – Avarai Udhaka, Ootaikudi Udhika, Thuppathittu, Earigittu, Ennatttu, to other Indian, Chinese, and Continental foods, take your pick at Magnolia, the multi-cuisine restaurant at Elk Hill.
The elegant 24-hour Coffee Shop at Sterling Elk Hill lends a certain timelessness to your stay at the Resort.