In the blue hills of the Nilgiris, sloping roofs and terracotta tiles define the quaint charm of Sterling Holidays Fern Hill. With a heady mix of comfort and tranquility, spending time within the Resort is as attractive an option as venturing into the idyllic mountainside.
Location and Contact
Address: P.O. Box No. 73, Kundah House Road, Fern Hill, Ooty - 643004
Phone: +91 423 2441073/74, 2452840/41/42
Fax: +91 423 2445890
Check-in: 12 Noon
Check-out: 10 a.m.
Spread across 7 acres of mountain land.
The Resort offers:
- 177 rooms, with a choice of studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom for members and guest rooms and suites for non-members. Some rooms have a balcony and sit-out, some have a garden and sit-out. All rooms have excellent views of the surrounding hills and valley.
- Daily housekeeping included in the room rate
- Private bathroom for each accommodation unit
- Minimum-stay requirement : 1 Day / Night
- Travel Desk – Say goodbye to the hassle of making local travel arrangements. A Travel Desk is available at the resort to help you with arrangements for car, van, or bus hires for local sightseeing, trekking, camping, arrival, departure etc at your destination. Train and air ticket bookings can also be made at the desk.
- Internet Café – Has broadband connection and is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- In-house gift/tuck shop – For shopping at leisure
- In-house library – Has an interesting collection of books
- Front Desk – Open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
A wide variety of entertainment activities for kids and adults make the Resort a great place to unwind. You’ll find at the Resort -
- Play area filled with equipment like swings, see-saws, ropeways, merry-go-rounds, slides, etc for kids
- Club equipped with games like table tennis, badminton, carrom, chess, etc for indoors, and cricket and cycling outdoors.
- Bonfire evenings and party games enliven weekdays while fun-filled discotheque parties are held on weekends.
Sterling Fern Hill Resort is also a great venue for marriages and parties with a seating capacity of about 600-700 guests.
Sterling Fern Hill Resort is the ideal venue for conferences, seminars and workshops. The main Conference Hall can accommodate up to 400 people (seated theater style) and the Wellington Hall can accommodate 200 people. Lapel (collar) mikes, sound system, projection screen, high - speed internet connectivity, and WebEx facilities are available in-house while an LCD Projector can be arranged on rent.
The Business Center has a mini interview office, mini boardroom, and photocopying and Fax facilities.
From local delicacies of the Nilgiri tribes – tribes Avarai Udhaka, Ootaikudi Udhika, Thuppathittu, Earigittu, Ennatttu, to other Indian, Chinese, and Continental foods, take your pick at the multi-cuisine restaurant at Fern Hill.
The elegant 24-hour Coffee Shop at Sterling Fern Hill lends a certain timelessness to your stay at the Resort.