Kodaikanal, with its natural splendour and beauty, is a quaint hill station reminiscent of the English countryside. Blending in with this serene, picture book environment is our newly renovated resort, Kodai-By The Lake!
Kodai-By The Lake (the erstwhile Lake View) holds a special place in the history of Sterling as this was the first resort to welcome our Vacation Ownership customers in 1987. The resort is situated on the banks of the picturesque Kodai Lake and styled on the lines of English countryside to compliment the English styled villages that dot Kodaikanal. The room interiors reflect the same feel with the decor planned to exude an understated but warm elegance.
A classic example of a subtle yet impressive approach to designing living spaces, Kodai-By The Lake invites you to a taste of English countryside.
Location and Contact
Address: 44, Gymkhana Road, Lake View, Kodaikanal - 624101, Tamil Nadu
Phone: +91 4542 242380/242381/245086
Fax: +91 4542 241065
Check-in: 12 Noon.
Check-out: 10 a.m.
Spread across 6.5 acres of scenic premises.
The resort offers:
- 24 studio apartments
- 42 one-bedroom apartments
- 24 two-bedroom apartments
- 12 guest rooms
- Travel desk – Say goodbye to the hassles of making local travel arrangements for arrival and departure at your destination. The resort's travel desk is available to help you with all travel arrangements and ticket bookings.
- Internet café – Located inside the resort, the café provides a peaceful, dedicated browsing space. Wi-Fi facility is also available
- Gift shop – gift items as well as general provisions and is open from 0730 hrs – 2200 hrs
- In-house library – Has a fascinating collection of books for kids and adults.
- Parties, games, and bonfires are regularly organized at the resort, bringing together all the guests in spirit of bonhomie.
- The Holiday Activities Centre offers board games and video games with a separate room allotted for video games. Outdoor games like badminton, tennis, cricket along with cycling (cycles available on hire) make it a great way to enjoy the outdoors as you play.
- The "Levinge's Room" conference hall is available for meetings and weddings or parties on the premises.
By The Lake is the perfect venue for conferences, seminars, and workshops. The "Levinge's Room" is available for meetings, weddings or parties on the premises.
The finest dishes from a myriad of cuisines including Indian, Continental, Chinese, South Indian and Tandoori are available at the restaurant. If you prefer to go local, Karaikudi chicken, Nellai chicken, Koli varutha curry, Appam, Paniyaram, and Iddiappam are some of the preparations you must not miss. Jain food will also be served on prior notice. Barbeques and special romantic dinners are arranged for special occasions.