In the misty hills of Kodaikanal, in a village called Villpatti, there appears the most unusual architecture – an entire hotel in the shape of a ship, a leaf-shaped accommodation block, a lotus- shaped business block, and a array of dome-shaped rooms. This brilliantly maverick architectural cluster is the Sterling Holidays Valley View resort, a haven of comfort amidst the hills.
Location and Contact
Address: Post Box No:25, Pallangi Road, Attuvampatti, Kodaikanal – 624101
Phone: +91 4542 244849/244949
Fax: +91 4542 246145
Check-in: 12 Noon
Check-out: 10 a.m.
The resort has 156 rooms spread across 7 acres of gently sloping land.
The resort offers:
- 34 studio apartments located in a leaf-shaped block with little rock gardens inside and great views of the mountains and lawns outside.
- 53 one-bedroom apartments spread across the resort premises; all rooms are dome shaped and are located four- or two-to-a-block above the bedroom apartments.
- 25 two-bedroom apartments, similar in structure to the one-bedroom apartments and spread across the resort property. All rooms open up to picturesque mountain valleys surrounding Kodaikanal.
- 44 guest rooms facing the lush green 11,000-sq. ft. lawn cover of the resort.
- Travel desk – Say goodbye to the hassle of making local travel arrangements for sightseeing, trekking, camping, arrival, departure etc at your destination. A Travel Desk is available at the resort to help you with all travel arrangements and ticket bookings.
- Internet café – Located 7 km from the resort, the café provides a peaceful, dedicated browsing space.
- Gift shop – Has gift items as well as general provisions and is open from 9 a.m – 7 p.m
- In-house library – Has a fascinating collection of books for kids and adults.
- Discotheque parties, party games, and bonfires are regularly organized at the resort, bringing together all the guests in spirit of bonhomie. Special party night can also be arranged just for your group on a chargeable basis.
- The Club offers board games like carrom, chess, Scrabble, Ludo, and Uno—with a separate room allotted for video games. Outdoor games likes badminton, tennis, cricket along with cycling (with cycles available on hire) and an open-air tennis court make it a great way to enjoy the outdoors as you play.
- The conference room and coffee shop double up as great extension spaces in case of weddings or parties on the premises.
Sterling Valley View Resort at Kodaikanal is an ideal venue for conferences, seminars, and workshops.
The 50 feet x 50 feet Business Hall has seating capacity for up to 300 people (seated theatre-style), with a 250-watt 4-speaker sound system and a 6 feet x 6 feet projection screen. Equipment like an LCD projector, laptops, lapel (collar) mikes, etc can be arranged on hire.
The 2,500-sq. ft. restaurant offers authentic multi-cuisine dishes spanning Indian, Chinese, Tandoori, and Continental fare. Local delicacies include Karaikudi chicken, Nellai chicken, Koli varutha curry, Appam, Paniyaram, and Iddiappam. Jain food is also served on prior notice. Room service is available between 7 am–10.30 pm for all dishes found on the menu.
- The resort has been newly painted and refurbished.
- Extensive landscaping has added more green cover to the premises. More than 1000 trees have been planted across the Resort.
- Old linen has been replaced with new linen.
- Television sets have been upgraded.
- In order to reduce cooking time and ensure safety of guests, hotplates are being replaced with microwave ovens, which are available on request.
- Event management professionals have been hired to ramp up entertainment activities for guests.