This Site is owned and operated by Sterling Holiday Resorts (India) Ltd
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. The privacy statement discloses what information we gather and we use it
It explains how SHRIL handles personal information that users provide through voluntary submissions and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
If you have further questions relating to this policy please contact our Privacy Officer by mail at 163, TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600018, India or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting information about you
In accordance with the Privacy Act, SHRIL only collects personal information that is necessary for business purposes. We endeavour at all times to collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and to meet our members' expectations that we will respect their right to control how their personal information is collected and used.SHRIL collects personal information in many parts of its business. These include:
- SHRIL Exchange and SHRIL Points: SHRIL collects information about members at the time when a person first joins a program and while a person is a member. The main categories of information we collect relate to a person's general contact information, personal details such as age range and gender, use of the program, payment details, responses to surveys and other details, which are usually collected directly from the member.
- SHRIL Resort Management: In its role of managing some resorts, SHRIL collects personal information related to bookings and as necessary for other purposes related to the management of the resort facility. Further personal information may be collected in specific instances such as in the event of an incident occurring on site for legal and insurance reasons.
- SHRIL collects information on individuals when they book their travel arrangements, in order to process the transaction and to fulfil booking requests with travel and tourism operators.
- SHRIL also collects general business information relating to employees, contractors, shareholders, resort managers and other individuals.
- Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998(COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent
- This policy explains the main features of SHRILs use of member and customer information and does not outline in detail the use of contractor and employee information. Under the Privacy Act, there is a general exemption from the coverage of employee records
Using and disclosing your personal information:
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with membership services, such as exchanging your holiday accommodation entitlements. SHRIL uses personal information in several different ways in operating our membership programs and operating our business, and most of these uses are clear from the circumstances. We also use your personal information for internal quality assurance purposes.
SHRIL provides personal information to resort operators in order to facilitate a booking that you have requested. Otherwise SHRIL does not routinely disclose personal information, except where it is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested such as to make bookings for your travel with airlines.
SHRIL will not normally otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- required by law
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another SHRIL member, any member of the public.
- the assets and operations of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern.
- When you provide your personal information to us, SHRIL will give you the choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and changes to our products and services. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not contact you further for these purposes. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed.
Like many businesses, SHRIL uses a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of SHRIL, such as mail houses, will sometimes have access to personal information held by SHRIL and may use it on behalf of SHRIL. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
SHRIL and marketing activities
- Remind you of your membership renewal or warn you of the upcoming expiry of membership benefits
- Provide you with updated information about our services or special promotions
- Provide you with other information about other products and services which you may have an interest in
Some of this information is necessary as part of our communication about the SHRIL program and is sent to all members. However, if you are receiving promotional information from SHRIL and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list either by calling us on (91) 044-6693700, by mail at 163, TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600 018, India or e-mail email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
For our web site user
SHRIL is committed to high standards of data security with respect to information collected on our site. We offer SSL encryption, the industry standard security measures for transactions made over the Internet.
We want to be sure you understand that accepting a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you. We know that a lot of people have concerns about cookies, but in talking with many of our users, we feel that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. We value the relationships we have with our members and future members, so we respect these concerns.
For more information about these new technologies on our websites please contact our Privacy Officer by calling on (91) 044-6693700, by mail at 163, TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600 018, India or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access the information we keep about you
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access your record by calling us on (91) 044-6693700, by mail at 163, TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai - 600 018, India or e-mail email@example.com. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within 14 days. For security purposes confirmation of your identity will be required prior to supply of this information.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
SHRIL endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. SHRIL uses a sophisticated computer data network, and all access to the computers and system devices are password controlled. Employees can only gain access to data if they are authorized, and we maintain an audit log which records each time a file is accessed. We also require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by SHRIL.
Data is secured in a secure data centre environment, with daily backups of all data taken and a copy of all data kept offsite. Our data network is totally private and not accessible over the Internet. We use sophisticated detection and intrusion technologies to ensure that there are no network security breaches.
Transfer of personal information overseas
Please note also that as a global business, SHRIL may use overseas facilities to process or back up the information that it holds. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, we will only transfer information overseas as authorized by the Privacy Act and in keeping with our other commitments to safeguard your privacy.
What to do if you have a problem or question
By using this site you consent to the collection and use of this information by SHRIL