A classic from Goa, this dish is a festival of flavours. Spicy, sweet and tangy at the same time, this juicy prawn delicacy is sure to brighten your afternoon.
|Green chillies||10 nos|
|Chopped onions||50 gms|
|Curry leaves||20 nos|
|Onion and coriander seeds||2 tsp|
|Pepper seeds||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon sticks||4 inches|
|Red chillies||20 gm|
|Goan vinegar||200 ml|
- Clean and devein the prawns. Keep it aside.
- Make a fine paste of green chillies, curry leaves, tamarind and all the whole spices blended with Goan Vinegar. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a medium size fry pan. Add chopped onion & garlic.
- Keep stirring and sauté till it becomes golden brown. Be careful about not burning the garlic.
- Now add the prepared masala paste to the pan along with salt & Kokum. Let it cook till the oil separates.
- Next add prawns, cover the lid and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving – 1|
|Total Fat||432.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||67.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||210.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||111.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||164.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||28.1 g|