Jaggery Peanut Chikki
The Jaggery Peanut Chikki is a quick and easy-to-make traditional Indian recipe. Chikki’s are a very popular as a snack and dessert in India; almost every town has its own variation of the recipe. This much-loved classic is a sure way to put a smile on anyone’s face.
|Roast peanut without skin||100 Gms|
|Shredded jaggery||80 Gms|
|Elaichi powder||2 Gms|
|Pista & Badam For Garnish||10 Gms|
- Break every peanut into half, so it is easy to spread in the chikki.
- Pour water in a heavy bottomed pan and heat it.
- Then add shredded jaggery and mix well.
- Melt the jaggery on low heat.
- When the jaggery becomes a bit dark in colour, add the roasted peanuts in it. (Make sure that jiggery does not get overheated)
- Mix the jaggery and peanuts for 1-2 minutes on low heat and turn off the flame when it’s mixed very well.
- Grease a tray or any clean surface and spread mixture evenly to make chikki.
- When the mixture is cool, cut it into pieces of square and garnish with pista & badam.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||56.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||16.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||25.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8.8 g|
Chef Manoj Dhiman