Seafood is a wonderful source of nutrients and Trout is one of the healthiest fish available. Trout can be prepared in different ways, spicy or mild. Here is a recipe to make a Tandoori dish with trout that is sure to bring a zest to your brunches and dinners.
|Fresh Trout medium size||1 Piece|
|Fresh Yogurt||80 gm|
|Fresh ginger chopped||½ tbsp|
|Crushed garlic||1 small clove|
|Coriander powder||½ tbsp|
|Cumin seed||1 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||½ tsp|
|Mustard oil||5 ml|
|Mustard paste||2 gm|
|Kasmiri chili||4 gm|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
- Clean and scale the trout. Wash it well and make 3 incisions on either side of the trout.
- Put the cumin, garlic and ginger into a mortar. Grind it with a pestle into a smooth paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice, gram masala, kashmiri chili, coriander powder and mustard paste into the mixture. Blend everything into a smooth paste. It should be a thick liquid.
- Pour this marinade all over the trout. Rub the marinade on the fish evenly.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cook under a hot Clay Oven, turning frequently and brush with butter until the fish becomes dark golden brown in colour.
- Garnish the Tandoori trout with lemon wedges and serve with mint chutney and boiled vegetables.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||23.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||41.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|
Chef Manoj Dhiman