Know Before You Go…
Planning a holiday is no more a simple affair these days, but a little preparation can set you up for a good time.Intoxicating, beautiful, and overwhelming – India is all this and more. Regardless of the corner you plan to explore, it is extremely important to carefully plan out your trip well in advance so as not to miss the joy of the trip in unnecessary hassles. It is a good idea to think about what interests you, your preferences in terms of food and weather and tailor your trip accordingly. Planning in advance and obtaining useful information about the place will help you get your trip going and organised in no time at all and, of course, hopefully take some of the stress out of your preparations. So, let’s get started!
- Find out about the place you are visiting, whether your trip is a once-in-a-lifetime vacation or a simple getaway; it is important to find out what your destination has to offer. You can check for good shows or events, the tours available, the weather and the cuisine. Knowing these details beforehand can help you make the most out of your vacation. A good guidebook can help you with information as well as suggestions about what to see and do.
- Book your trains/flights and accommodation well in advance. Certain trains/flights can fill up months in advance on popular routes during the holidays, so making early bookings is a must. It is also a good idea to book your accommodations in advance for major cities in order not to miss out on good deals, if any.
- Decide on the essentials that you should pack. When packing, ensure that you consider the type of luggage you will carry (backpack or suitcase), clothes according to the weather, medicines, first aid box, personal care items and other items that may come in handy during your trip.
- Familiarise yourself with the place’s culture. If you’re visiting a place for the first time, you will not know what to expect, which can be overcome to a certain extent by reading as much as possible about your destination.
- Remind yourself to carry sufficient cash and any documents that may be necessary. Choosing the mode of payment to be used on a trip is where your research will come in handy. You should check if your destination is credit card-friendly and has enough ATMs. Also ensure that you have your tickets and travel insurance details, if any, in place before stepping out.