An adventurous taste ride
Garlic and milk might not be the most popular of the combinations, but this recipe brings them together to create a unique flavour. Kheer is one of India’s most popular desserts and Lasooni Kheer is its very special Punjabi variant which you can enjoy without the worry of adding calories! Try this delicacy, at home or for a party, that is sure to intrigue everyone into tasting it!?
|Skimmed Milk||280 ml|
|Alum (phitkari)||¼ tsp|
|Sugar free||01 sachet|
|Pistachio flakes||04 gm|
|Almond flakes||03 gms|
- Soak the garlic in water for about 2 to 3 hours approximately. Drain the water and set the garlic aside.
- Heat up the water in a vessel. Add ¼ tbsp of alum and the garlic to it and boil it for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Strain the garlic and discard the water
- Repeat steps 2 and 3. This makes sure the garlic is rid of its odour.
- Wash the garlic gently with fresh water and drain it.
- Boil the milk in a non-stick vessel. Then add the washed garlic, sugar, khowa and mix very gently.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes on a low flame and stir continuously till it thickens.
- Garnish with pistachio & almond flakes and serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Serving – 1|
|Total Fat||3.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.1 g|
Suman Rakshit, Executive Chef, Munnar – Terrace Greens