An unusual fusion of south-western and oriental cuisine
Originally pumpkin ravioli is a South-Western American preparation. But this is the same dish prepared in an oriental style. Very unique, healthy and tasty, this preparation is a favourite for many people. Try this out and win the accolades of your family
|Kasuri methi||10 gm|
|Fresh cream||100 ml|
|White sauce||1 litre|
|White wine||50 ml|
|Bay leaf||1 no|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
- Knead dough with flour, eggs and oil. Cover it and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut pumpkin into small pieces. Chop onion, tomato and capsicum into small pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté pumpkin with butter, chopped onion, kasuri methi, salt and pepper. Make a paste of all these sauted ingredients.
- Put the entire paste in the pan, add cream and bay leaf. Keep stirring till it thickens. Discord the bay leaf. This is the filling for our ravioli.
- Divide the dough (from step 1) into small portions. Make each portion into a round ‘envelope’ and stuff it with pumpkin paste.
- Blanch these ‘filled envelopes’ in hot water.
- In a saucepan, put some butter; add chopped onion, kasuri methi, chopped tomato and capsicum. Add wine, then white sauce and cream.
- Add the raviolis and seasoning. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||133.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||29.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||22.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||52.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||518.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||39.0 g|