A Smooth, Rich and Delicate Dessert
An after meal delight for all you ‘sweet toothers’ out there, this wonderful crêpe recipe is full of nutrition. This preparation is a fantastic fusion of health and taste. Exotic dry fruits, jaggery with natural iron content, fresh cream and milk make this dessert an instant success among dessert lovers
To prepare Crêpe
|Fresh cream||50 gm|
- Mix flour, salt and egg yolks together.
- Heat milk and add powdered jaggery. Let it dissolve and add flour little by little to the mixture. Keep stirring continuously.
- Then, add cream and mix well.
- Melt butter in a ladle and add it to the batter.
- Heat the non-stick pan and pour the Crêpe. Heat till it becomes golden brown in colour.
To prepare Filling
|Cashew nuts||25 gm|
|Tender coconut pulp||250 gm|
|Cardamom powder||2 pinches|
- Melt jaggery and butter in a hard bottomed sauce pan.
- Add tender coconut pulp slowly and keep stirring. Let it cook for a while.
- Add other ingredients one by one. It is important that you should keep stirring while you add. Let everything cook for 10 to 15 mins
- Let the mixture cool for 30 mins.
To prepare Jaggery bar (stick)
- Powder jaggery and add it to water. Dissolve it well.
- Put the liquid in the oven and heat it for 10 to 15 mins.
- When it becomes dark brown in colour, remove from the oven and pour into a greased butter paper.
To prepare tangy jaggery sauce
|Fresh cream||50 ml|
- Heat water and jaggery in a sauce pan.
- When the liquid becomes thick, remove from fire and cool it for some time.
- Add fresh cream and make it into a smooth sauce.
- Arrange the crêpe in a round plate.
- Place the filling and cover it with another layer of crêpe.
- Cut into four and put into the jaggery sauce bed.
- Garnish with jaggery bar(stick)
Nutrient Value for Crepe
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 1
|Total Fat||73.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||11.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||22.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||35.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||77.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12.4 g|
Nutrient Value for Jaggery Filling
Amount Per Serving
Serving – 2
|Total Fat||299.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||235.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||10.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||35.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||278.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.3 g|