Wildlife Forest Tourist Destination in Sariska, Aravalli hills
THE LAND OF THE TIGER
Sariska, is one of the most visited national parks in the country, famous for the Bengal tiger. Earlier a hunting ground for the royal family of Rajasthan, Sariska is home to many architectural monuments of historical importance. Located in the Aravalli hills in the district of Alwar, in Rajasthan, Sariska's dwindling tiger population was a matter of great concern in 2004 – 2005. With every possible measure to protect and preserve the national animal, the Rajasthan government with the 'Project Tiger' initiative has ensured that Sariska today is home to around fourteen tigers. The efforts are still on, throughout the country to prevent this majestic cat from extinction.
A visit to Sariska is truly an eye opener on how much the human race has laid seige on every possible life form on the planet. The sighting of the tiger in its natural habitat is nothing short of a nail biting, heart pounding, thrilling moment that makes you wonder “if only there were more of these beautiful beasts…” With that thought, do enjoy your stay in Sariska.
- Area - It covers an area of 800 sq km in total, with a core area of approximately 500 sq km.
- Topography – Deciduous forests, rocks, grasslands
- Temperature – During summer, temperatures soar to 49°C and during winter, plummet to 4°C.
- Wildlife spotting – Best in summer months, as animals approach water bodies due to the heat, and spotting is easier.
- Best time to visit – October to June
- The park is open during October to June, rest of the year the park is closed for visitors.
Want to skip the waiting & view it right away?
Click on the + sign to view the photos.
Jun - Sep
BEST TIME TO VISIT
October to June